- Trademark Island LLC is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers. We are proud of our privacy practices and want you to know how we protect this information and use it to service your account.
- We will NEVER sell or rent your name, email address or personal information to any third party except to fulfill your order, unless specifically authorized by you.
How and why we obtain personal information
- Trademark Island LLC takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service and maintain your account; process your trademark application; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements.
- Trademark Island LLC may collect public and non-public personal information about you such as: (i) Contact Data (such as your first and last name, physical street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address), (ii) Financial Data (such as your credit card number, expiration date and verification code), (iii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code and gender), and (iv) other Legal Data (such as your trademark filing date, trademark pending number, mailing information, domicile information and other sensitive information necessary to generate proper legal documents). Contact Data such as name, physical address and email address, are used to provide special information and promotions regarding our products or in order to contact the customer regarding an order. Any Financial Data gather is used strictly for the purposes of processing or completing the financial transaction for your order.
- Privacy, security and service in our online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. Trademark Island LLC employs all of the safeguards described previously, along with the following Internet-specific practices. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others safeguards, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect all Trademark Island LLC accounts and systems from unauthorized access. Credit card and personal information are transmitted to us by secure servers. Documents are delivered to you either via priority mail or via e-mail.
- We may also place cookies and similar files on your hard drive for purposes such as maintaining security, facilitating site navigation and personalizing your experience on our site. Our cookies do not identify you by name as an individual or by account number. When you visit Trademark Island’s Internet site(s), we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited and average time spent on our websites. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
- You may choose not to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information or you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may visit the Site; however, Trademark Island LLC cannot process orders without this information.
- If you do not wish to receive information and/or promotional materials from Trademark Island LLC or from our partners, you may choose to ‘opt-out’ when you create your account or may unsubscribe from our mailing list on any one of the promotions or other materials we send.
- If you would like to learn more or opt out of receiving online display advertising that is tailored to your interests, please visit the Networking Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://aboutads.info/choices. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your online display advertising opt-out choice.
- If you are a former customer, these policies also apply to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current customers. For your convenience, Trademark Island LLC offers several options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You can review your information independently by logging into your account. You may also call us with your request for information.
- Trademark Island LLC may maintain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the Privacy Practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the Privacy Policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
Is my trademark application a matter of public record?
Lost or Stolen Data
- Trademark Island LLC has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, destruction, and alteration of the information you provide us. We will have no liability to you or to any third party if any such loss, misuse, destruction, or alteration occurs.
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE, YOU MAY CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (408) 292-1494.